Fashion Week is nigh and we just can’t wait! The glitz, the glamour, the couture and the cameras – what more could we ask for?
But if for some reason you’re still trying to convince yourself to come to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Joburg this Spring/Summer season, then here are 10 good reasons. Anything more is a tad excessive.
- First and foremost is the fashion – on the runway and on the street. All attendees come donned in their best garb, challenging each other to the ultimate style off. Self-expression is de rigueur.
- The designers – Fashion Week introduces new and emerging designers to add onto your fashion radar, while you get to see collections from some of your favourite designers.
- Front Row Cognoscenti – That esteemed piece of front row real estate at Fashion Week is where we get to gawk at our favourite fashion influencers, editors, bloggers and celebs.
- Those avid photographers. Fashion Week is a great place to get yourself captured among style savants and fashion dilettantes.
- Network, work work work….Networking is key to get yourself into the upper echelons of the fashion industry. Here you’ll meet the coolest people and the most promising creatives. Who knows? This might lead to an awesome opportunity for you.
- Get Inspired. If you’re an aspiring designer, model, stylist, editor, or you simply just love fashion, then what better way to immerse yourself in fashion than at Fashion Week?
- The Models. Yep, those beautiful avatars strutting down the catwalk. Here’s hoping none of them fall.
- The best of beauty. See the latest in hair and makeup from M.A.C and ghd as they go all out for the spring/summer season.
- The Location – Nelson Mandela Square. There is something idyllic about having Fashion Week under that gaze of the great man who led the way to today’s South Africa. Also, Madiba was a bit of a style icon himself, so the setting seems apt.
- And lastly, the after-party! Let your hair down and shake your caboose amongst members of the fashion industry. Maybe even show the models how it’s done.
Hopefully, we’ve convinced you to grace us with your presence this coming season. The Insider looks forward to seeing you there!